Thursday 7 October 2010

Perl Postgresql Test Harness

These days, I'm developing pg_cryobit, a piece of software that'll allow you to manage your PostgreSQL continuous backup strategy with ease.

I stumbled upon Test::postgresql, and at first I was a bit suspicious about it, given the fact the latest version is not recent and that there's no debian build of it.

I decided to give it a go anyway. I installed it manually, and only one dependency needed another manual install. The other ones come as a debian packages (This is one reason why I don't quite like to use the cpan shell).

The tests went smoothly, and in no time I had instances of PostgreSQL ready to test with my own software.

I definitely recommend using it if you're writing PostgreSQL dependent software.

Has anyone has experience with the MySQL flavour of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment